Sunday 22 June 2014

Technique NOT Tuesday .. and Note …

So, its NOT Tuesday, which means … it must be another Technique NOT Tuesday day !!! YAY !!!

NOTE:  These are NOT ‘my’ ideas … techniques have been around since Cave Men times, and I thought that I had better confirm that I WAS NOT, and NEVER WILL be .. a caveman !

Why re-invent the wheel – huh ?

So .. not all the photographs are mine, and NOT ONE of the techniques are mine – they belong to the cavemen.  If I can remember who I snagged a photograph from, then I will always give credit.  However .. a lot of these techniques were written up donkeys years ago , and  I won’t remember everybody’s names to put to photographs, and to be perfectly honest – I don’t have the memory to remember (previous TIA’s a long, long time ago put paid to my memory).

So … today’s technique is … my trademark …

The Burnt Edge Effect

clip_image002

To finish this layout, I distressed all the edges using a distressing tool (or pair of scissors ‘scraped’ along the edges of the layout), and then I ‘burn’ the edges.

Instructions to ‘burn’ edges

To ‘burn’ edges, these are the steps that I take :-

1) Distress the edges using either a distressing tool or a pair of scissors ‘scraped’ around the edges of your project.

2) Using the lightest brown ink (crumb cake) and a sponge/dauber, rub over the edges using a circular motion, and going into the page about 1 inch.

3) Then using a darker brown ink (soft suede), repeat the process, but only dauber the ink into the page about ½” around the edges.

4) Using a darker brown ink (early espresso) repeat the process, but only dauber the ink into the page approx ¼” around the edges/

5) Finally, run a black inkpad around the edges – DO NOT DAUBER – literally using the ink pad, run the pad around the edges.

Voila !

This IS my photograph incidentally Smile

DON’T FORGETS

There are only 8 days left to take advantage of the Retired Stamp List and Accessory List HERE .  Products are MASSIVELY reduced, and will NOT be available again.

Please go through your wish lists -  after the 30th June a lot of these products for sale, will not be carried over into the new catalogue.

Clearance Rack can be found HERE

Weekly Deals can be found HERE

MDS updates/downloads can be found HERE

Project Life Bundle

Please see my Project Life Class and Bundle Offer HERE.  I am offering the class for FREE if you buy either of the bundles from me.  Included in the class is access to a Member Only Facebook Page that contains lots of ‘extras’ to the kit including free EXTRA journalling cards, and lots of samples.

As always, to place an order or if you have any questions or queries, then please contact me on carole.bryson@gmail.com or call/text me on 07747 465186

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone !  xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...