As promised, below are the instructions for the mini album above.
1. Cut your chipboard pages. I've used 2mm thickness chipboard, but you can use any thickness you have available. If you only have thin chipboard, then glue two together.
Page 1 - 3 1/2" x 5"
Page 2 - 4" x 5"
Page 3 - 5 1/2" x 5"
Page 4 - 6" x 5"
Page 5 - 7" x 5"
NOTE: I only used 5 pages, as I've left a gap between the 2nd to 3rd page and then the 4th to 5th page. If you want to add an extra page 3 and an extra page 5, you will need to cut 1@ 41/2" x 5" (page 3) and 61/2" x 5" (page 5) making a total of 7 pages.
2. Cover your chipboard. I used the Love Blossoms Paper Stack which is approx 6" x 6" and paper pieced the inner edge of the larger papers with a strip of alternating paper. I used a wet glue to stick the paper, as it allows you a bit of 'give' until you're happy with the placement. Once all the pages have been covered, allow a bit of time for them to start drying, then trim the edges. Or leave to dry completely, and then trim the papers down. Don't worry if you don't get it perfect, you can file the edges with a piece of smooth sandpaper or a Basic Grey file.
3. Punch your pages. Once your pages are completely dry, I used a crop-a-dile to punch the holes in each page. I punch the holes from the top inwards, approx 1/2" from the top of the page, then punched the second hole 1/2" apart. I then punched the bottom hole 1/2" up from the bottom, and punched the last hole 1/2" in. If you prefer, you need only punch 3 holes - the top and bottom and then a third hole in the middle of the pages.
4. Distress your pages. I use three shades of brown ink to distress the edges. I used Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Tip Top Taupe. If you're not sure how to distress, then leave me a comment, and I'll video a quick 'how to' tutorial.
5. Collate all your pages together, and thread through the book rings to hold the album together. I used 11/2" rings, but you could certainly use 1" rings if you preferred. Remember, to check the thickness of the album - if your album is a finished thickness of say 2" then a 1" book ring won't fit.
6. Decorate! YAY!!! The best part of the album - I used a few different SU embellishments. I used the Bloomin Heart thinlet die on the front cover, and although you can barely see it, I die-cut the words 'love you' from two different 'word' framelit sets. I also used a combination of ribbons that I tied around the book rings - some of these ribbons are retired, so use any ribbons you wish to decorate the rings.
Voila - your album is complete!
If you do make this album, then please drop a link in the comments section so that we can all see it, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can share with other readers of this blog.
I hope you have an enjoyable Sunday - catch ya soon! For a list of my supplies, please see below.
Have fun! xxx
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog